Our Leafield School Values are embedded in our vision. A value is a principle that guides our thinking and our behaviour.
At Leafield School, every individual is valued for who they are and what they contribute to the school. Values support the personal, social and spiritual development of every pupil throughout school.
We believe that they are values which are important within the school community and which will also be important throughout life.
Through values, we aim to:
- Improve behaviour, conduct and self-confidence by developing strong values within the pupils at the school.
- Encourage children to ‘live the values’ in all aspects of their lives both in school and out.
- Promote values to pupils in every aspect of school life.
- Promote values in the way in which adults interact with each other and with pupils.
- Display our school values.
- Enable children to focus upon the positive aspects of themselves that they can value, thereby reminding them of their individual worth, their worth in the school and wider communities and the worth of those communities themselves.
- To raise standards by promoting a school ethos and vision that is underpinned by core values, which support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere.
Values Education has a crucial role in education, because it plays a part in raising achievement, and it encourages pupils to be emotionally intelligent, articulate learners. Values supports quality teaching and learning, whilst making a positive contribution to the development of a fair, just and respectful society.
At Leafield Primary our values come from our school vision. These are values that we feel we want our children to really master. They are core values for our school. They help everyone in our school community towards a common goal.
These values help to establish decision-making, behavioural expectations and a positive identity. They set the tone for behaviour, attitudes, and interactions, creating an environment where everyone is aligned, motivated, and most importantly has an understanding of everyone's needs within our school.